Helping Foreign Nationals Obtain Their Green Cards

“Adjustment of status” is the method by which legally admitted foreign nationals are changed from one category of immigration status to another without returning to their country of origin. Most commonly, this occurs when someone who entered the United States on a visa (such as a nonimmigrant K-1 visa or tourist visa) is applying for their permanent resident status (also called a green card). Adjustment of status enables such individuals to remain in the United States while this process takes place.

Because the stakes are high and the process is complex, it is easy to become overwhelmed and frustrated. Seeking the assistance of a qualified immigration attorney can reduce the stress you may be feeling during this time.

Ms. McLean was an immigrant herself. As a result, she not only understands the technical aspects of adjustment of status, she also can relate to your situation on an emotional level. She knows how exciting the prospect of getting your green card can be and how important it is to do everything correctly the first time. She is devoted to helping foreign nationals obtain their green cards.
Navigate the Adjustment of Status Process

Your dreams for yourself and your family are simple; the steps necessary to get you there can be complicated. However, with the help of someone familiar with the process, you can maximize your chance of success and achieve your goals more quickly. If you meet the requirements, we may be able to help you navigate the adjustment of status process and become a lawful permanent resident. Contact us for a free consultation and to determine if you meet the government guidelines. We speak Spanish and Russian and we are prepared to address all of your immigration law concerns.

We can also assist eligible foreign nationals cancel the removal process if they have received a Notice to Appear in Immigration Court.

Not everyone is eligible for adjustment of status. Noncitizen crewmen who came into the United States on a ship/plane/vessel, foreign nationals transitioning through the United States, and legally admitted aliens admitted by a nonimmigrant visitor (under the Visa Waiver Program) may not apply for status adjustment. If you have questions about whether you are eligible for status adjustment, we can answer them.

If you are eligible for adjustment of status and want the assistance of an experienced and empathetic immigration attorney to guide you through the procedure, our firm can help.